|Feel free to imagine this as my face|
This is Yesenia! Today’s post is going to sum up what we have been up to, and what to expect for the upcoming posts.
What We DidIf you follow us regularly, you'll know that we completely overhauled our story concept in late 2011 and just finished rewriting all of our new material (YAY)! It was a long, difficult process that involved a lot of research and soul-searching, but now we have a solid concept we are confident in and a clear direction to go from.
Now it’s all Art from here!
|You can imagine how much we have looked forward to it!|
Where do we go from here?Tracy and I spent a good part of this week trying to figure that out. What it comes down to is: we need to illustrate now. We decided to break down the work by sections & match our assignments to what we will be placing in our pitch-book.
So here is the decided order we will be going in :
1. Character DesignsTracy and I will start where we have the clearest direction, and where our skills are strongest. Our goal is to get a look for each of the characters that we’re happy with and generally indicate the kind of person they are with the drawings.
After a lot of sketches and a couple of reworks we want to have:
- 1 full-body drawing of each character in the style of the show
- A bunch of sketches depicting character-interaction or personality.
2. The WorldNext, we want to work on the visual concepts of our setting. Backgrounds in general are not our strong suit, so we may seek out collaborators for this part.
If you know anyone who might be interested in helping us with our background concepts, please contact us!
In the end, we hope to complete:
- A general overview of the city of Queen Mary’s
- A streetview of Queen Mary’s Isle
- And other important places the characters frequent in our first season
3. Episode ScreenshotsAfter our character designs and backgrounds are done, we will have a clear idea of what our show is going to look like, and we will bring both characters and background together for mock screenshots. We are going to pick scenes from our (and your!) favorite episodes (based on the synopsis we gave earlier) and illustrate them.
So definitely let us know what your favorite episode was or one you would enjoy seeing illustrated.
4. Cover and Table-of-Contents IllustrationThis one is pretty self-explanatory. We plan to get the idea across of our show in two illustrations here- one for the cover and one for our Table-of-Contents.
By the End
We hope to have a complete look for our pitch, and the book ready for print soon after.
|Then maybe we can relax a bit (but probably not...)|
Your continued support, thoughts and critiques are always appreciated! If you have any questions let us know here on the blog, our facebook fan-page, or by e-mailing us at email@example.com.