The Birth of Something Beautiful


________________________________________
This Spring Quarter's poster for enlisting help at the Savannah College of Art and Design campus. If the pose looks familiar, its because it is referencing Botticelli's, The Birth of Venus.

The image above does not do it justice. The original printed poster will be done in a 3 layer cut out format where Veil is jumping in from the left.


________________________________________
Here's the poster without the 3D parts. This one will soon be plastered all over the SCAD campus :D

4 comments:

Dana Corrigan said...

Wow, that looks fantastic! I like how the ribbons in the background become part of the blanket that Veil is trying to throw over Gemini. LOL I also just love the overall composition of it. Gorgeous work!!

Tracy "Tito" Lynn MacLauchlan said...

"Venus and an angry republican"

sephend said...

Congratulations on the Daily Deviation!

Ashley said...

Hello! I'm an illustration student at SCAD And I saw your poster up in Morris. I was wondering if you still needed any help with creating promotional works or voice acting or anything like that. I would love to lend my services in any way I can! Your work is absolutely stunning and I see so much potential in this pitch. I would love to be a part of it.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...